[MPlayer-users] libSDL + ARTS detection.

Dmitry Baryshkov lumag at qnc.ru
Fri Dec 13 20:36:11 CET 2002

Hello!
D Richard Felker III wrote:

>Um, if the cables are connected properly inside your computer this
>shouldn't be an issue. If not, unplug the speaker from the motherboard
>and run a cable from the speaker terminal on the motherboard to the
>pc-speaker input jack on the sound card.

It could be  a good advice, if my sound card have such input jack :)

And returning to subj. I discovered, that right command is -ao
sdl:artsc, but because of some bugs in libSDL, libarts and/or their
settings, SDL cannot properly  communicate with arts daemon, and so
SDL_OpenAudio fails. So let's close this topic, as it isn't more
mplayer-connected.

Also suggestion for documentation-maintainers: section 2.3.1.2.3 of docs
(SDL) in describing '-ao sdl:name' switch mentions arts. Change it
please to 'artsc' ('arts' isn't right, at least with 1.2.4. It even
doesn't try to communicate with arts).

--

Dmitry.