[MPlayer-users] no GUI audio control

Banu Cosmin sharpcoder at xnet.ro
Sat Dec 14 00:50:02 CET 2002

On Friday 13 December 2002 03:51 pm, Kevin wrote:

> On Thursday 12 December 2002 05:06 pm, James Lancaster wrote:
> >
> > On Thursday 12 December 2002 20:53, you wrote:
> > > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
> > > DOCS/bugreports.html] For some reason lately I have no control of the
> > > audio while using the GUI. The volume "knob" stays all the way left.  I
> > > have sound, but at a fixed volume.

i had the same problem... i don't know, for some strange reason, the mixer
setting in the audio tab gets screwed up... you hear the sound because it's
set up ok... you can't see the volume changing, because mplayer doesn't have
the path to your mixer... so:
rightclick/preferences/audio-tab/configure-driver/mixer:"/dev/mixer"
at least it works for me

btw i am using 0.90-rc1

> > > Using mplayer without GUI, sound is adjustable.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> >
> > Let me guess, latest cvs?
> >
> > If yes or no, what time/date, what compiler, system, etc?
> >
> > People are working on gtk2 updates, this probably broke in one of them.
>
> Sorry, left out some info there.  CVS dated 20021211.  Compiler was gcc
> 3.2.1, on a slackware 8.1 system.
>
> Kevin

--- cosmin ---