[MPlayer-users] parse error in codecs.conf

kyle roberson kyle at hopgoddess.com
Sun Dec 15 04:42:03 CET 2002

This is a strange one on me, hopefully it makes sense to someone.

Back when I used XFree86's direct log in, I had no trouble running
mplayer from a regular user xterm. Now that I log in and issue "startx"
I get this error for both the local codecs.conf and the one in
/usr/local/share/mplayer:

Reading /home/player/.mplayer/codecs.conf: parse error at line 6
Reading /usr/local/share/mplayer/codecs.conf: parse error at line 6
(copy/ln etc/codecs.conf (from MPlayer source tree) to
~/.mplayer/codecs.conf)
Terminated

If I run mplayer as root, it works fine. Evidently the parse error
doesn't occur. I did update the codecs.conf file, btw.

TIA for any clue.

Kyle