[MPlayer-users] Support for PALM norm in TV capturing?

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz
Sun Dec 15 16:16:02 CET 2002

Jose Romildo Malaquias wrote:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>As mplayer does not currently seems to offer support
>for capturing from a TV card using the PALM norm,
>I would like to know if it would be too dificult to
>add this functionality.

Probably not but I can't test it for obvious reasons and in v4l ver.1 it
is not documented, afaik. However, you can try the attachment if it does
any good (add "norm=palm" to the tv options). I took the values from
xawtv, so there is a slight chance. If it won't work, you can still
experiment with setting of priv->tuner.mode or
priv->channels[priv->act_channel].norm to something else.

Regards,

--
Jindrich Makovicka