[MPlayer-users] VCD and SVCD on Plextor PX-32TS PX-20TS SCSI drives no-go

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sun Dec 15 17:49:02 CET 2002

On Sun, 15 Dec 2002 12:59:08 +0100
Albino <albino.antonio at fastwebnet.it> wrote:

> I suppose is not an HW problem as my scsi ultraplex 40x under linux,
> suffers of a similar problem, I can play some vcd but at a certain
> *random* point
> I can't use the drive anymore nor for vcd nor for anithing ;(
> after a reboot (shit!) all the player  restart working with any cd also
> the one which
> was supposed to cause the problem, untill another random error with a
> vcd ;((

This perfectly sounds like a hardware problem.
Ok, It's not exactly hardware as it is a firmware bug.
I have exactly the same effects as you describe:
After trying to play a VCD my cdrom stops working completely
until the next reboot, but it works perfectly with my cdburner
(needles to say that i use my burner to watch VCDs :)

		Attila Kinali

--
He! Do sitzed jo Fraue wo i nöd kenne! Was mached die do ?
		-- Emi im ETZ