[MPlayer-users] Re: Motion Compensation extension

Tobias Diedrich ranma at gmx.at
Sun Dec 15 23:11:02 CET 2002

Dexter Filmore wrote:

> Looks better with ATI soft supporting RageTheatre hwmc.

And what does "looks better" mean ?

>  certainly it'll look about the same either way.
>
> Could you please at least *try* and compare before coming here and yell
> without even knowing what you are talking about? every luser can go "eh I
> haven't seen _shit_ about anything else but my beloved open src free software,
> but im such a dork that I don't admit something even if it's right in my face"

Well, because iDCT/MC is iDCT/MC whether it is hardware accelerated or not,
the visual result should be same. The only difference is the CPU
utilization, so if your CPU ain't fast enough for plain software
decoding, it may be fast enough for hardware accelerated decoding.

> That's what the ATI file player is for. plays divx, xvid, whatever codec is in
> the system.

But that is no longer hardware accelerated...

--
Tobias								PGP: 0x9AC7E0BC
This mail is made of 100% recycled bits