[MPlayer-users] Re: Gentoo users beware: don't upgrade lame

Michael Waters stonin at rogers.com
Sun Dec 15 23:44:02 CET 2002

On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 22:43 +0100, Felix von Leitner wrote:
> > > Damn, that didn't solve it.  It just worked for a few hours, now I got a
> > > segfault again.
> > What version of lame are you using?
>
> 3.93
>
> > mencoder with lame 3.92 was crashing for me with stuff like:
> > ResvSizeInternal buffer inconsistency. flushbits <>
>
> The lame FAQ says that that is caused by a gcc optimizer bug.
>
> Unfortunately my problems look more and more like hardware problems. :(

hmmm... that sucks :(  When lame kept crashing on me I:

used gcc 2.95 instead of 3.xx
switched to lame version > 3.92
used jumpers on the motherboard to set the speed of the cpu/bus instead
of using bios.  I think the bios settings were slightly overclocking
the cpu/bus.

I don't know if any of those will help you but I thought I'd mention it.