[MPlayer-users] Motion Compensation extension

Karol Pietrzak kap4020 at osfmail.isc.rit.edu
Mon Dec 16 23:34:15 CET 2002

I apologize for my ignorance.  Is this supposed to be a sarcastic
comment?

Most reviews I've heard/read say that a hardware-based MPEG card like
the DXR[0-9] produces a better quality image than most software
decoders.

However, I see no reason why software decoders can't produce output of
equal or surpassing quality?

How does MPlayer output compare to that of something like, say, WMP?

--
Karol Pietrzak <noodlez84 at earthlink.net>
PGP KeyID: 3A1446A0