[MPlayer-users] Quicktime5 problem with RC1

Ryan Underwood nemesis-lists at icequake.net
Tue Dec 17 21:37:01 CET 2002

hi,

> > *** Try to upgrade /home/nemesis/.mplayer/codecs.conf from etc/codecs.conf
> > *** If it still does not work, read DOCS/codecs.html!
> > Can't find codec for audio format 0x324D4451!
> >
> > ~/.mplayer/codecs.conf is linked to /etc/codecs.conf.
> They don't mean /etc/codecs.conf, they mean etc/codecs.conf which is
> relative to the mplayer sources directory. So, your symlink
> ~/.mplayer/codecs.conf is probably broken.

Well, I have the latest codecs.conf in /etc/codecs.conf, and if I cat the
symlink, the file is read.  Is there anything wrong with doing this?

Also, I'm curious what is broken in the Marillat debian packages?  They have
worked fine with everything else I threw at it (including WMV, etc).  Also,
the Sorenson video works fine, it's just the audio that doesn't work with
the error I initially posted.

Thanks

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253