[MPlayer-users] Re: Converting many types to MPEG1 (or rawrgb )

BENNETT,DAN (HP-USA,ex3) dan.bennett at hp.com
Wed Dec 18 19:02:03 CET 2002

Hi Mosu,

> You misunderstood. I thought about first using mencoder the way you
> used it. Afterwards you could try to extract the raw MPEG1
> from the AVI
> you just created with "mplayer -dumpvideo myfile.avi". Of course this
> uses twice the amount of disk space, but that shouldn't be a problem
> today. Extracting the video does also not take too much time
> - a couple of minutes (up to five depending on file size,
> harddisk/network speed).

Sorry - I'm new to video handling (I don't even have a TV at
home!), and so I wasn't thinking laterally.

Thanks for pointing out what I should do. It looks like it might
work for me. I can get MPEG video files this way. Unfortunately,
the mpeg library on HP-UX can't open them. :-(

However, I ported mpeg2dec to HP-UX a little while ago, and
it can read the dumped files OK. So maybe I have a solution!

Thanks again,
Dan