[MPlayer-users] Plugger 4.0 and Mplayer

Gary Hunt ghunt at cogeco.ca
Thu Dec 19 02:03:02 CET 2002

Just for those peeps.. who might've run into the same CPU hog i did..

After playing/attempting to play a few media files.. the playback seemed
to get really slow.
So I brought up a process manager and saw mplayer there.. so i tryed to
kill it.. but it would disappear before i could kill it.. but then it
would be there again.. but as a DIFFERENT process, again and again . =(

It's seems that when using  a web browser using Mplayer and Plugger 4.00
that after playing a video that Plugger keeps active... making calls to
mplayer.

Anyways... if you run into this problem where like 99% of your CPU is
being used.. chances are Plugger is still running..  Killing the plugger
process(es) fixes the CPU drain.

If any body else has this same problem... let me know.. so i can fill
out a proper bug report to the appopriate ppl. =)

Gary Hunt.