[MPlayer-users] Need help with subtitles

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Thu Dec 19 14:16:02 CET 2002

Hi all,

last week I bought a new DVD.

The film contains German tracks as well as English ones. But in both of
them, there are parts in a different language (say it's Russian - it's a
Bond movie ;-)). These parts do contain a special subtitle with a
translation (either English or German).

Now my problem is that Xine _can_ display them while mplayer can't.
When I choose to permanently show a subtitle (using -slang) everything
works, but that's not what I want. I just want to get these parts commented
that are not in my native language.

Anyone?

Thanks, Michael