[MPlayer-users] mencoder+tv+grab

Robert L. RAKSI lobz at t-sys.hu
Thu Dec 19 21:13:02 CET 2002

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 04:25:46PM +0100, Jindrich Makovicka wrote:
> these really play twice as fast. however, the both have two channel
> audio, regardless of the forcechan option. strange.
>
> >commandline:
> >mencoder -tv on:forcechan=1:driver=v4l:channel=e6:width=384:height=288:norm=PAL:chanlist=europe-west:adevice=/dev/dsp2:amode=1:audiorate=44100:volume=65535 -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=800:vhq -endpos 00:00:10 -lameopts padding=1:br=112:vbr=3 -vop pp=lb -o test.avi
>
> You can try replacing tvi_v4l.c in your build directory with something
> older and running make in libmpdemux and then in the root directory. If
> you can't fing the revision which broke it, I cannot help you.

I went back til i had compilation errors (2002 jun.) but no effect.

I checked the cvs snapshots back till 2002.09.01.

My tvcard's dsp is dsp2, my soundcard's is dsp. Using adevice=/dev/dsp2
the resulting avi is twice as fast, using dsp I have no sound though
using mplayer for just watching tv I have.
(tvcard.lineout->soundcard.linein, linein's volume is at max).

I checked with adevice=dsp2 back till 2002.09.29, from there I got error
when switching to dsp2.

Another question: why do I have no sound using adevice=dsp when
grabing? (simply watching tv works fine)

Maybe this double speed problem is not mencoder's fault.

I have no more information to give you so I gues the problem solving end
here.

Thank you for your help.

--
                                       Robert L. RAKSI

   -- The Microsoft of Borg: Patches Are Futile! --