[MPlayer-users] Again for problems with Mandrake 9.0

XI xizard at enib.fr
Thu Dec 19 22:52:02 CET 2002

Chris Phillips wrote:
> no problems here. make sure you read the manual and pay attention to any
> error messages that mplayer provides.
>

>>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>>Hello everybody!
>>Excuse me for my question again, but is there anyone who solwed the problem in
>>playing movies in VESA mode (-vo vesa) with MPlayer under Mandrake 9.0?
>>Some weeks ago I posted the messasge with description of the problem and there was
>>answers from other users with similar problem, but as long as I know, no one knew
>>how to solve it.
>>I'll appreciate any help and suggestions.
>>Best wishes!
>>Alex

Hi,
Really interesting. Are you sure you use a mandrake 9.0?. Did you change
your glibc, your kernel or anything else?
What mplayer version do you use?
Could you give me the command line you use?

I found one solution to get mplayer working in vesa mode with a mdk9,
it's using the glibc 2.2.4 from mdk8.1 (rpm -ivh --force ...), but this
is a very bad solution.

Regards,
			Xavier