[MPlayer-users] mencoder+tv+grab

WK sprawki at wp.pl
Fri Dec 20 00:22:02 CET 2002

Robert L. RAKSI wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 10:27:10PM +0100, Balatoni Denes wrote:
>
>>I am not sure if this is what you are saying - if yes I agree 100 % -
>>but this is probably not a problem with the avi, but your soundcar dyou play
>>the sound on. Use -channels 2 when playing back maybe.
>

> Is there a way to record only the sound without the image?

About half year ago I started mencoder and arecord (alsa9) with script.
Finally I merged streams with mencoder.
If mencoder worked with near constant bitrate I had movies longer than 1
hour almost with out desync. Later versions was even able to correct
alittle bit unaccorded streams.
Wiesiek Kierbedź