[MPlayer-users] slightly offtopic -- editing ?!

Francois Botha fbotha at spyder.web.za
Fri Dec 20 01:07:02 CET 2002

Hi!

Apologies for the slightly offtopic question...

I'm perfectly happilly using mencoder to encode some stuff from my 'ol
bt848 card but wondering what Linux tools you all use for simple cut &
paste'ing afterwards?

I've had problems with every one of the tools I could get my paws on...

Kino - Seems to do DV only, it wont edit mencode'd DV streams?!
Avidemux - Cant find a single AVI that will open in it
Cinelerra - Keyframe issues, and a tad too featurefull for just cut's
Broadcast 2000 - Only got it to work properly in quicktime ):
GOPChop - Only seems to do SOME mpeg1 streams, mencoder dont like ENCODEING
	  to it.

While not trying to blame the products i've tried (i'm sure they all work
just fine!), I would like to know what the mencoder users out there use?

Regards,
FB