[MPlayer-users] Recurring Quicktime DLL Problem

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Dec 22 00:17:02 CET 2002

Hi,

> I did notice one oddity in an strace (attached)--it keeps trying to open
> files in the current and root directories (e.g. "/QuickTime.qts" or
> "QuickTime.qts"), even though it has already found the files in
> /usr/lib/win32.  Is this the intended behavior?  Just for the heck of it
> I did try copying those files both in my root directory and current
> (home) directory, but it made no difference (only those No Such File
> errors disappeared).
>
> I'm willing to help debugging as best I can, just let me know what to
> do.  I used the LOTR trailer for testing purposes, since -everyone-
> seems to be trying to play it (and it worked for me before), but I get
> this problem with any Quicktime files that use the Quicktime DLLs (the
> built-in SVQ1 decoder works fine).
>
> Incidentally, should codec format 0x33515653 be in codecs.conf
> someplace?  I tried adding it under the qtsvq3 entry, but it didn't help
> anything.  Codecs.conf says that it needs QuickTimeEssentials.qtx (which
> is present), but an strace shows that mplayer never tries to load it
> (only QuickTime.qts).  Any thoughts on that?

it does scan WIN32LIBDIR (defaults to /usr/lib/win32) for *.qtx files, then
tris to open it. your log shows that it didn't load any qtx plugins, so no
wonder if it can't play your files. check the paths and rights...
but i don't know why didn't find the qtx files there...

your strace log is useless here. enable debug info in loader/Makefile
(-DDETAILED_OUT) and module.c (#define DEBUG_QTX_API) too and show -v output
then.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team