[MPlayer-users] Feature Request: Make vobsub understand "slang"

Ed Fisher gleam at debacle.org
Sun Dec 22 09:39:02 CET 2002

It seems to me that, since vobsubs are simply the subtitles ripped
(mostly directly) from a dvd, it should be fairly easy to allow my
"slang" variable settings to be understood by vobsub.

That is, if i have "slang=en" set in my config file, I want vobsub to
try finding an english subtitle first, and if that fails, try vobsubid
0.

Basically, have slang/vobsubid as an analog to slang/sid..

I hope it's clear what I'm requesting :)  It seems easy since mplayer -v
reports the 2 letter language codes for each subtitle stream in a vobsub
pack.. so clearly the information is there, it just needs to be parsed.

If i knew C, I'd code the patch myself.

Perhaps someone out there can help?

-gleam

--