[MPlayer-users] Largefile support for files > 4 GB?

Clemens Wächter clemenswaechter at web.de
Sun Dec 22 15:02:02 CET 2002

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002 11:48:18 +0100
Clemens Wächter <clemenswaechter at web.de> wrote:

> That is not the problem. I usually make disk images of DVDs and
> handle other big files. Handling that 13 GB is no problem at all
> (I am using reiserfs for that, btw). Finally I've worked around
> the problem by using kino (had to install gnome libs for it...
> grrr... installed all the gnome v2 libs until I realized that
> what it wanted was gnome v1.4) which took me 11 hours to export
> it to a mpeg2. After going through all this it works but I don't
> think its a nice way. And kino works, but it is by far not as
> advanced as mencoder (thinking about the converting stuff, not
> the editing, thinking about target codecs and additional options
> etc).
>
> Regards
> Clemens

PS: Don't get me wrong. Its not that I dislike gnome its only that
I don't use it (I prefer wmaker as windowmanager and I don't need
the remaining gnome functionality) and to install it for one single
app that needs it is...
So gnome is nice but its pretty big and if you don't need it generally
you might dislike to install it.

Clemens