[MPlayer-users] libdvd stuff

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Sun Dec 22 18:29:02 CET 2002

Hi,

I was just trying to compile mplayer-0.90rc1 and found the following error :

mplayer.c:628: warning: passing arg 2 of `m_config_register_options' from
incompatible
mplayer.c:1268: warning: passing arg 3 of `vf_open_filter' from incompatible
pointer t
mplayer.c:2556: too few arguments to function `dvdnav_upper_button_select'
mplayer.c:2559: too few arguments to function `dvdnav_lower_button_select'
mplayer.c:2562: too few arguments to function `dvdnav_left_button_select'
mplayer.c:2565: too few arguments to function `dvdnav_right_button_select'
mplayer.c:2572: too few arguments to function `dvdnav_button_activate'

I've got the feeling that this is related to my other DVD playing software
since I read in the mplayer docs that it is recommended to use a modified
libdvdread and libdvdcss for mplayer.
I'm willing to use a modified version of libdvdread or libdvdcss but only when
it is statically compiled into mplayer. I woudn't want the installation to
affect my vlc and xine installations. But, how can I do that ?

BTW, why aren't these modification in the official libdvdcss and libdvdread ?

regards,
Marcel Janssen