[MPlayer-users] sluggish dvd playback...(faq suggestions don't help)

Martin Collins martin at mkcollins.org
Mon Dec 23 00:53:02 CET 2002

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002 23:50:46 +0100
Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> wrote:

> Argh, i don't know. I note your tip and i'll check. Could this be
> the problem? does linux use 2nd channel even if disabled in the
> bios?

It was probably a special case but when I added an IDE hard drive to
a previously SCSI only machine dma would not work until I enabled
both IDE channels in the BIOS, even though I was only using one.
The problem may be specific to AMD chipsets which have only
had dma support added in recent kernels, or it may not be.

Martin