[MPlayer-users] Altivec IDCT & audio un-sync problem (ENGLISH)

Zsolt Kiraly zskiraly at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 23 09:07:02 CET 2002

From: Zsolt Kiraly <zskiraly at stanford.edu>
Date: Sun Dec 22, 2002  23:30:25 US/Pacific
To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
Subject: Altivec IDCT & audio un-sync problem

Hi there,

I just compiled mplayer 0.90rc1 on my G4 PowerBook running Mac OS X
10.2.3. I configured with the '--enable-altivec' option. make ran
successfully. But when I play a dvd, the mplayer output says that no
accelerated idct was found. I checked the source code, and the
libavcodec/ppc directory does contain idct_altivec.c and
idct_altivec.o. So I assume  the idct acceleration did compile and got
linked in.

Any ideas how to get mplayer to use the altivec accelerated idct
provided by libavcodec ?

Another problem is that audio keeps getting un-synced when playing
dvds. The funny thing is that this is only a problem when playing a
dvd. Rips come out perfectly synced. And VideoLan plays back dvds
perfectly synced. Any ideas on this ?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!
Zsolt