[MPlayer-users] Config: Automatically select hwac3 for DVD

Thomas Jarosch tomj at simonv.com
Tue Dec 24 02:29:02 CET 2002

> > I want to automatically select ao=hwac3 if I play a DVD
> > and use my normal alsa9 for everything else.
>
> ac=hwac3,
> ao=alsa9

Thanks, life can be so simple :-)

Though one problem for SB Live! users (including me) remains:
If you want to dump raw AC3 data through the SPDIF out, you have to execute
a command to prepare the card for this mode ("IEC958 Optical Raw").

The problem: You can't hear normal audio while you are using this mode.

Is there already a solution for this of problem?

Thomas