[MPlayer-users] Missing Library

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Wed Dec 25 12:06:02 CET 2002

On Wednesday, 25 December 2002, Rich Theisen wrote:
> Hello,
>   I tried to install mplayer via rpm files and I received the following
> message.
>
>     error: failed dependencies:
>            libmp3lame.so.0   is needed by mencoder-0.90rc1-2
>            mplayer-vidix-driver is needed by mplayer-vidix-0.90rc1-2
>
> Where can I download libmp3lame.so.0? Did I miss downloading any rpm files
> (see below for list of rpm files I retrieved).

You obviously didn't read the download page thoroughly enough. It says that
you need lame-libs for mencoder and a vidix driver appropriate for your gfx
card. Please re-read and follow the download links.

PS. I'll try to release rc2 RPMs today.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/