[MPlayer-users] Fix for mencode compile error

Stephen Stocker lpar at par1.net
Fri Dec 27 01:24:02 CET 2002

  Hi,

  I've been unable to compile CVS releases for the past couple of weeks or
so, with the following error:

mencoder.c: In function `main':
mencoder.c:397: warning: passing arg 2 of `m_config_register_options' from incom
patible pointer type
mencoder.c: In function `lame_presets_set':
mencoder.c:1417: `MEDIUM_FAST' undeclared (first use in this function)
mencoder.c:1417: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
mencoder.c:1417: for each function it appears in.)
mencoder.c:1419: `MEDIUM' undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [mencoder.o] Error 1

  The problem turned out to be that my lame libs were too old (July, I
think). If anybody runs into similar problems, just grab the latest lame
CVS, it should compile and work fine.

	Take care,
	Steve

---