[MPlayer-users] Mplayer, WinXP, TrueType Unicode and other related home animals....

Pavel Bibergal cyberkm at barak-online.net
Fri Dec 27 02:29:01 CET 2002

Hi all..
I have 2 OS installed on my machine, 1 is WinXP and the second one is..
(Well, as u can guess.. it is not WinXP :-) )
So I have this problem:
Hebrew subtitles are needed to be flipped to be displayed properly in
mplayer..
but the same subtitles can be shown correct in WinXP (because of the
unicode use), and when i give it mplayer optimized subtitles it show it
reversed...
So i was thinking of converting all my subtitles to unicode format, that
way both mplayer and xp's  player will show them correctly (?Will
they?),  coz i don't want to have my subtitle saved twice, one copy for
mplayer and one copy for xp..
btw.. forgot to mention that this problem is only with xp, winme and
less not support unicode so they used mplayer optimized subs correctly..
So, any ideas how can i convert all my subtitles to unicode and will it
work then?
Also what font should i use for proper unicode encoding? I am using MS
arial TrueType right now... (mplayer compiled with --enable-freetype switch)

and of cource thanx for spendin your time and reading this message ;)
thanx
Pavel Bibergal