[MPlayer-users] Digital rights management?

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz at kde.org
Fri Dec 27 15:46:02 CET 2002

> 	I'm just wondering if there's any plan to somehow implement support for
> digital rights management (DRM) for mplayer?

I don't Arpi would love any implementing of DRM (which is also a PITA to
implement under Linux)

> 	Or is there any solution to view a DRM protected wmv stream/file under
> linux?

Well, there's CrossOver plugin which costs about $35, which is an enhanced
version of Wine. You can install it and install Windows Media player 6.x and
play DRM files, but don't expect the performance to be as fast as mplayer (it
doesn't even have Xv or SDL support)..

Thanks,
Hetz