[MPlayer-users] play one mpeg-stream on two mplayer-sessions

Andreas Krings andreas.krings at rwth-aachen.de
Fri Dec 27 16:40:03 CET 2002

Hallo,

i want to view one mpeg stream (for example from DVD or from
/dev/video0) on two screens: On screen 1 in fullsize (there is a beamer
connected to) and on the second screen there should be a small window to
control the stream and see what is going on (second monitor stands in
the next room with the pc and cannot see the beamer's picture.
So  do you know a way to share one stream to two mplayers, running at
the same time, or to open  one mplayer on two screens (Graphic board is
a matrix g400 dualhead).
I have tried it with named-pipes for example but the result is a broken
picture (it looks like that  each of the both mplayers can only read
half of the stream.). So there are many colored rectangles (most green)
all over the picture.

So if you know a way or tip for my problem or have you got a solution,
please tell me!! I need this "Video-pc".

Much thanks for your time and attention!!

Andreas Krings