[MPlayer-users] fbdev software scaling

Roberto De Leo deleo at unica.it
Fri Dec 27 19:31:02 CET 2002

Hi,
I have a question on the fbdev driver.

Since the "-zoom" option does not work together with the "-vo fbdev"
option and the "-vm" option does not work with the vesa FB driver, it
seems to me that the only way to watch a video in fullscreen in this
setting is to use the "-vop scale=..." option [assuming I ain't so lucky
to have a card supported by the vidix driver].

Here is my question: if my screen resolution is, say, 1024x768, which
parameters should I pass to the -vop option in order to watch the movie
fullscreen _and_ with the original aspect ratio?

Unfortunately "-vop scale=1024:768" doesn't do what I want, and my best
guess "-vop scale=1024:" does not work either. Of course I could run
mplayer for a sec just to find out the original video size, make
calculations and put "by hand" the right size, but that does not seem
really the way it should work...

Thanks,
 Roberto