[MPlayer-users] fbdev software scaling

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Fri Dec 27 19:45:02 CET 2002

> Hi,
> I have a question on the fbdev driver.
>
> Since the "-zoom" option does not work together with the "-vo fbdev"
> option and the "-vm" option does not work with the vesa FB driver, it
> seems to me that the only way to watch a video in fullscreen in this
> setting is to use the "-vop scale=..." option [assuming I ain't so lucky
> to have a card supported by the vidix driver].
>
> Here is my question: if my screen resolution is, say, 1024x768, which
> parameters should I pass to the -vop option in order to watch the movie
> fullscreen _and_ with the original aspect ratio?
>
> Unfortunately "-vop scale=1024:768" doesn't do what I want, and my best
> guess "-vop scale=1024:" does not work either. Of course I could run
> mplayer for a sec just to find out the original video size, make
> calculations and put "by hand" the right size, but that does not seem
> really the way it should work...
>
> Thanks,
>  Roberto

Try using "mplayer -identify file.avi" to get the file info (dimensions, aspect, etc) and then TRY:
mplayer -vop expand,scale=1024:-1 <your options> file.avi
(You should RTFM, the explanations for how to use vop is in there in VERY good detail, better than I could explain! Hint: -1 = autodetect)
Just my thoughts.
/S. Smith
http://www.linuxmail.org/