[MPlayer-users] software not working with NVIDIA card under debian

abel elenas alderick.ambre at noos.fr
Sat Dec 28 16:12:02 CET 2002

i have recently tried to install mplayer under my debian,
with a nvidia card my proc is a K6 style one.
I was using a deb packet found at marillat.free.fr.
when i apt-get install i get no error but when i run gmplayer
i get nothing but the following lines:
[cfg] read config file: /home/abel/.mplayer/gui.conf
Reading config file /home/abel/.mplayer/gui.conf: No such file or directory
vo: X11 running at 1280x1024 with depth 16 and 16 bpp (":0.0" => local display)
Reading /home/abel/.mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open '/home/abel/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
Reading /etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: 49 audio & 125 video codecs
font: can't open file: /home/abel/.mplayer/font/font.desc
font: can't open file: /usr/share/mplayer/font/font.desc
Failed to open /dev/rtc: Device or resource busy (mplayer should be setuid root or /dev/rtc should be readable by the user.)
Using usleep() timing
Can't open input config file /home/abel/.mplayer/input.conf : No such file or directory
Can't open input config file /etc/mplayer/input.conf : No such file or directory
Falling back on default (hardcoded) input config
SKIN dir 1: '/home/abel/.mplayer/Skin'
SKIN dir 2: '/usr/share/mplayer/Skin'
[skin] file ( /usr/share/mplayer/Skin/default/skin ) not found.
Skin not found ( default ).
I have tried to make a new deb package by myself packaging the source tar.gz2, the same event occure.
I have read the faq --> nothing.
i tryed google --> nothing.

I have read that there is some trouble with mplayer and nvidia card , is there anything i can do to test if the trouble come from my card ?

I see that i give litle info about my matter but i don't even now where i can look for it. If anyone can gimi some log file name to look in or some triks to make the soft gimi more error line i will be glad to try it.

thanks to anyone spending a litle time to answer my question