[MPlayer-users] DVD-playback problems

Andreas Richter andreas at alles-richter-oder-was.de
Sun Dec 29 15:31:02 CET 2002

Hello

I can see only a picture of size 2cm times 1cm. Even if the mplayer window
shows the real size (much bigger). Sound is also there.
First I thought I could  solve it by using libmpdvdkit because under windows
there came a warning that I can only play 5 movies of this kind ???? But
unfortunately after recompiling mplayer with libmpdvdkit enabled the same
problem occured.
I am able to play dvd's well which didn't show this warning under windows. I
don't if this is important, but I can't find anything like "non-reagional
coding"on those dvd's which doesn't work. But there appears "2,4 PAL" and "2
PAL"

Has anybody an idea why those dvd's don't play (I've bought them a few days
before)?

thanx a lot