[MPlayer-users] How to update/refresh codecs.conf?

marko faas argus at dds.nl
Mon Dec 30 05:39:03 CET 2002

Hello,

I have spend almost all the night reading de FAQs and this list on how
to get Mplayer to recognise the Divx-libs I have installed.

In the FAQ it almost everywhere says update/refresh your codecs.conf but
it doesn't say HOW.

I tried ldconfig and made sure the paths to the libs are in the right
files, but still no sign of win32 or divx in codecs.conf.
I deleted the ~/.mplayer/codecs.conf so it would use only the
/etc/codecs.conf

I tried to ./configure the Xmas-version of Mplayer, but it kept giving
me sooo much warnings and errors (png, gtk etc, while I have that all
installed, including the devel-packages)

In the end I reinstalled the rmp of 0.90rc3 that Suse 8.1 provided, but,