[MPlayer-users] AC3 + alsa bug?

Bohdan Cech shake at volny.cz
Tue Dec 31 12:45:03 CET 2002

Hello,

ive experienced a strange behaviour of mplayer while playing AC3 movies
through alsa9.
If i play movie using -channels 6 -ao alsa9:surround51 everything works
fine, but when
i try to seek forward or backward in movie (buttons
pgup,pgdwn,left,right) it does some
mess with channels. Seems to me like if it cycles channels like this
(center+sub)->(left+right)->(left_surround+right_surround), so after 3
cycles (i press forward
button 3 times for example) everything is ok again. Switching to
fullscreen and back does
the same mess too.
Ive tried MPlayers 0.90pre7 - 0.90rc2 and its same.

I use SB Audigy sound cart with analog 5.1 speakers connected.
Sound drivers are alsa 0.9.0rc6 .

I hope you get rid of this bug fast because MPlayer is the greatest
movie player,
keep the good work going.

With the best wishes for the New Year

Bohdan Cech