[MPlayer-users] best matrox card

Rick rick at topaz.ne.mediaone.net
Fri Feb 1 01:24:01 CET 2002

On Thursday 31 January 2002 04:42 pm, you wrote:
There is support for it.. but a little trickery is needed....

If you search the matrox linux user forum (on their site), you will find a
user submitted patch that enables tv-out support.  You need to piece together
the hal driver from mga's driver, the XFree86 source ( I used 4.1.0), and the
patch.  I did this for a customer at work about a month ago (I do tech
support and testing for Microway).. so I don't remember exactly what I
did.....  if you poke around in the forum you should find it.  The message
was concerning DVI output vs. DSUB output.. but the patch can be used for TV
out too.