[MPlayer-users] sound problem

Bart Coddens bcoddens at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 18:39:30 CET 2002

I have a problem playing my dvd.  Subtitling and video
playback is no problem but I can't get any sound out
of it.  When i play my dvd I get the following errors:
Forcing audio codec: [ac3] drv:3 (AC3)
WARNING: libac3 support is disabled. (hint: upgrade
codecs.conf)
Unknown/missing audio format, using nosound
Couldn't initialize audio codec! -> nosound
I have the latest codecs installed.  I use this
command to play my DVD:
 mplayer -dvd 1 -ac ac3 -sid 4 -vo x11 /dev/dvd
without -ac ac3 I have the same problem

Can someone help me?
Greetings,
Bart