[MPlayer-users] Re: [expert] NVidia will be bannished

René Bartsch rene at bartschnet.de
Sat Feb 2 16:45:01 CET 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "stefan froebe" <werbung at frobiac.de>
To: <mplayer-users at mplayer.dev.hu>
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 11:22 AM
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Re: [expert] NVidia will be bannished

> On Friday 01 February 2002 09:47, you wrote:
>
> > > "NVidia works only with Intel's motherboards (due some AGP's patents
> > > limitations). So if you have non Intel's cpus and want to use their
> > > products be prepare to sell your computer first".

I've read nVidia has problems with INTEL licenses and has made strategical partnerships with AMD ...

It's too long ago, so I don't remember what it was exactly, but there are performance features

which can't be used with INTEL CPUs by nVidia because of license problems ...

Rene

> > i have to comment here, that i use an asus k7v-t mobo with via chipset and
> > an amd k7-800 athlon and a geforce 256 nvidia card (elsa erazor x) without
> > ANY problems with the latest nvidia reference drivers, system is stone
> > stable - even with 3d games (quake3, wolfenstein, ut)
> >

> I use asus k7v266 + Athlon XP 1600+ and a Geforce 2 GTS, without ANY problems whatsoever - well, small bugs come and go in
blender, and there is a tiny blue line in TV-out using mplayer, but that is it.