[MPlayer-users] vidix without X?

Erik Grinaker erikg at wired-networks.net
Sat Feb 2 20:05:56 CET 2002

On Sat, 2002-02-02 at 19:05, Brian Hall wrote:

> In discussions here about the new vidix driver, it seems that it should
> be available outside of X, like the vesafb driver, etc. When I build
> mplayer from cvs, I only see "xvidix" as a -vo option, even if I use
> --enable-vidix. No "-vo vidix". Am I missing something? I am using a
> PCI ATI AIW Rage128.

As the manual says under
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/video.html#2.3.1.15;

*  You can use standalone video output driver: -vo xvidix
This driver was developed as X11's front end to VIDIX technology. It
requires XServer and can work only under XServer.

* You can use VIDIX subdevice which was applied to several video output
drivers, such as:
-vo vesa:vidix and -vo fbdev:vidix

Indeed it doesn't matter which video output driver is used with VIDIX.

--

Erik Grinaker
UNIX/Linux systems consultant

"Perfection is acheived not when there is nothing more to add, but
rather when there is nothing more to take away"
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry