[MPlayer-users] radeon_vid vesa video out segmentation fault

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Sat Feb 2 20:10:02 CET 2002

Hello, Erik!

On 02 Feb 2002 18:52:28 +0100 you wrote:

> Hi
>
> First, a hats off to the developers of MPlayer - you're doing an
> absolutely fantastic job. Both the quality and speed of development is
> unlike anything I've seen in the open source community yet.
>
> Unfortunately I'm experiencing some problems getting TV-out working on
> my Radeon card, and was hoping someone on this list could help.
>
> The problem is that whenever I try to play movies with radeon_vid vesa
> video-out MPlayer segfaults. I've looked through both the MPlayer
> documentation and the mailing list archive, and believe I have
> everything set up correctly.
>
> I have attached system info, analysis of core dump, configure output,
> kernel configuration and other info as asked for in DOCS/bugreport.html.
> Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks you for bugreport - I know it well since it doesn't work for me too :(
Indeed, vesa:lvo is no longer supported by me.
This branch was suffered from MGA_VID limitations and I don't want to support it.
Use vesa:vidix instead. It's more advanced and more fast stuff (due direct rendering
with divxds codec and in the future, I hope, with other codecs too).

> --
>
> Erik Grinaker
> UNIX/Linux systems consultant
> Elan IT Resource - www.elanit.no
>
> "Perfection is acheived not when there is nothing more to add, but
> rather when there is nothing more to take away"
> - Antoine de Saint-ExupИry

Best regards! Nick