[MPlayer-users] DIRECT RENDERING WITH VIDIX

Brian J. Murrell 0f596be930a23bfa3f8eb806c6c2a1df at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Feb 3 10:58:02 CET 2002

Nick,

Nice work.  I was wondering though, there have been a few discussions
regarding syncing Mplayer's frame display with the VSYNC of the
display card to eliminate judder and tearing.  Do you see of any way
possible to do this with the Radeon cards?  The G400 does it with
syncfb and it's really really nice looking video.  Very smooth.  I
would love to do the same thing with the Radeon.

Also, there was some discussion a long time ago between you, me and
A'rpi regarding PCI Radeon and whether it would work with Mplayer's
Radeon support.

It does work in VESA mode, but when I try to use it with framebuffer,
it hangs the box when I load the framebuffer drivers.  I had the same
problem trying to run XFree86 with the PCI Radeon until somebody
embarassed me by pointing out that I still had the "AGP4x" option in
the XF86Config-4 file.  When I got rid of it, it stopped haning the
box and worked great.  Can this little fix be applied to the Radeon
framebuffer to make it not hang the box on PCI Radeons?

Thanx,
b.

--
Brian J. Murrell