[MPlayer-users] Joystick Patch against current cvs

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Sun Feb 3 14:22:01 CET 2002

On Sun, 3 Feb 2002 03:17:21 -0500
Robert Jameson <rj at open-net.org> wrote:

> Hi, I was just wondering if anyone on the list has managed to bring the joystick patch listed on the mplayer website
> up-to-speed with the current CVS head, I tried, but failed. If you have can i please get a copy of the patch, thank's alot, just got a gamepad pro, would make a excellent "remote".

You can have something  better, a just done a new configurable input system.
With it you can configure all your input sources like you want. Now it's still
in test, but you can use keyboard, slave mode, lirc and joystick.
To use it you must run configure --enable-new-input and optionaly --enable-joystick to have
joystick support. Than to make this useful you should write a config file. It must be named
~/.mplayer/input.conf and contain something like this

q quit
p pause
SPACE pause
JOY_BTN1 seek -60

The format is simply a key followed by a command on each line. The supported command
are (with some exemples) :

seek time(int) [abs(int)] => seek 120 , seek 60 1, seek -30 0
audio_delay time(float)  => sub_delay -0.05
quit
pause
grap_frames
pt_step (1|-1) => pt_step 1 or pt_step -1
pt_up_step (1|-1)
alt_src_step (1|-1)
sub_delay time(float) [abs(int)] => sub_delay 0.1, sub_delay 0 1
osd [val(int)] => osd, osd 0, osd 2
volume (1|-1)
use_master
contrast val(int) [abs(int)] => contrast 50, contrast -50, contrast 10 1
brightness val(int) [abs(int)]
hue val(int) [abs(int)]
saturation val(int) [abs(int)]
frame_drop [val(int)] => frame_drop, frame_drop 2

and if you have TV support :

tv_step_channel (1|-1)
tv_step_norm
tv_step_chanlist

The special key have some special names ;) :
SPACE, ENTER, TAB, CTRL, BS, DEL,INS, HOME, END, PGUP,PGDWN, ESC, RIGHT,LEFT,
DOWN and UP.
If you enabled joystick support there is also these :
JOY_UP, JOY_DOWN, JOY_LEFT, JOY_RIGHT and JOY_BTN0 to JOY_BTN9.

For lirc there is some change when you enable this. The programme name is now mplayer and
the config must one of the command.

Send bugreports ;)
		Albeu