[MPlayer-users] DIRECT RENDERING WITH VIDIX

Brian J. Murrell 490e95655d7913e47fca570e0ac90323 at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Feb 3 19:10:00 CET 2002

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 03:23:36PM +0300, Nick Kurshev wrote:

> Hello, Brian!

Hi Nick,

> Indeed it's unnecessary since radeon_vid (same as rage128_vid) driver
> does it automatically.

Really?  Cool.

> It waits VSync signal asynchronously before
> buffer switching and doesn't produce any unnecessary delays.
> (According to GATOS mlist).
> When I have plugged TVout then I gave 25fps even on my CRT monitor ;)

I will have to try it again as soon as I get home this weekend.  I
thought I had tried it an still saw judder.  It should work with VESA
mode too right?  Using -vo vesa:lvo:/dev/radeon_vid.

> It's probably specific for your card only and can'y be implemented as
> generic solution.

Well, specific to PCI Radeons you mean?  That would be the case of
course as the solution is turn off agp mode in the same manner as
omitting the "AGP 4x" switch in XFree86.

> Best regards! Nick

Right back at ya.

b.

--