[MPlayer-users] Re: [expert] NVidia will be bannished

daniel carter hedonist at win.co.nz
Sun Feb 3 21:40:02 CET 2002

Nick Kurshev wrote:

>Thanks you very much! Now I understand what causes all these problems.
>
>GABUCINO! Please add into users_against_developers.html:
>
>"NVidia works only with Intel's motherboards (due some AGP's patents limitations).
>So if you have non Intel's cpus and want to use their products be prepare to sell
>your computer first".

Problems with some AMD IronGate chipsets <> problems with all non-intel
chipsets.  No-one ships the original IronGate chipsets anymore anyway.
 Some SMP boards use a newer version of it, and just about everyone else
uses VIAs chipsets, there's a few SiS, ALI, and now NVIDIA chipsets out
there too.

Works fine here on a cheap VIA KT266A board with default AGP settings.