[MPlayer-users] fulscreen...

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Feb 4 15:48:02 CET 2002

Otvos Ferenc CADMUS writes:

 > Fullscreen on the console:
 >
 > mplayer -vo mga -fs -screenw <width of the console> -screenh <height of
 > the console> <rest of your parameters>

Yes, that does indeed offer a screen filling image on the console, but
I still have some console output on the screen.  If I send both stderr
and stdout to /dev/null I still get the mga_vid output on the console

mga_vid: Saved colorkey (ON: 1  01:01:1E)

A "real" fullscreen mode should center the movie and paint the rest of
the screen black by itself, shouldn't it?

 > See for example the Matrox TV-out section of the docs.

That sure was well hidden.  My G200 does not have TV-out and I do not
even have a TV, so I skipped that part..

Diego