[MPlayer-users] Background mode (?)

Thomas Svenstrup thomas at svenstrup.org
Mon Feb 4 21:57:01 CET 2002

Hey,

I'm having a bit of trouble with a system I want to make using
mplayer. I have a webpage on my intranet with a list of flics, and
I want to be able to start the flics on my TV directly from that
page by clicking a link, etc.

The page is working, and I got mplayer working as well using
vesa output mode to my ATI A-I-W 128 card. My problem is,
that mplayer keeps stdin/out/err open while running, and if I close
them mplayer seems to halt, even though it's in vesa mode with
quiet param supplied. So, i'm in a bit of trouble with this one,
since the php script I use for running mplayer won't return until
stdin/out/err are closed by the program running (at least it seems
to be like that).

So, basically my questions is, how do I get mplayer to run as a
background process? I'm _not_ using any x-environment on the
box i'm using for this.

TIA!

Cheers,
Thomas