[MPlayer-users] see desktop content in -vo xvidix fullscreen

rpolach at atlas.cz rpolach at atlas.cz
Tue Feb 5 18:04:02 CET 2002

If the -v output is needed I will post it (give me
some time) but I think there is nothing interesting in it ;)

Now I am going to try describe the problem better:
first: sorry for my poor english...
Before I start mplayer I see my gnome desktom at whole screen :o)
with -xvidix -fs -zoom -double mplayer do no vm switching,
only output scaling.. but it preserves aspect ratio, so in many cases
it leaves some unused space at top and bottom (or sometimes at left
and right) of the screen. This is ok, but these places are not
black - they are not cleared, so there I see my desktop
(gnome panel with applets, etc.) in these places. Could they be black?

Could it be simply solved by clearing all screen at mplayer start?
May be mplayer tries to do that, because I see black rectangle in upper
left corner for a while when mplayer starts to play a video..
may be the size of that rectangle should be multiplied by scale factor used
to scale video? sorry, just guessing...

Roman