[MPlayer-users] BUG?:How to play a ripped dvd , a bug or a lacking-deleted feature?

Albino_Antonio Riganello riganell at CS.UniBO.IT
Wed Feb 6 19:59:02 CET 2002

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Attila Kinali wrote:
> > > You can see that in Mplayer CVS-020205 reports :
> > >
> > > libdvdcss error: failed opening device
> > > libdvdread: Can't open /dev/dvd for reading.
> > > Couldn't open DVD device: /dev/dvd
> > > Not an URL!
> > >
> > > While MPlayer 0.60  reports :
> > >
> > > libdvdread: Device inaccessible, CSS authentication not available.
> > > libdvdread: Using normal filesystem access.
> > > Reading disc structure, please wait...
> > > DVD successfully opened!
> > >
> > > so why Mplayer CVS don't uses normal filesystem access (anymore) ?
>
> I dont think it's mplayers fault as the whole dvd handling is done
> by libdvdread. do a "strace -o some_file mplayer your_options" (man strace)
I know , I'have used , now I'can't ,I'm not on the same linux box

> and try to find out why the opening fails.
I'll try , but as Mplayer 0.6 works  whith the same library
while current CVS don't ,I'have supposed It's an mplayer fault,
but , the ability of plaing directly a directory containing a dvd copy,
wont't be useful?

Albino Riganello.