[MPlayer-users] mencoder speed.

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Feb 9 15:08:02 CET 2002

> Kheh, this is one nice little screenshot:
> "
> Pos:5761.5s 138143f (100%) 1233fps  ETA:   1min/ 78mb  A-V:0.042  42
> "
> the key number here is: 1233fps,
> this is on k6-2-500.

I got such numbers when using -oac copy -ovc copy

> I found that average fps for mencoder and SVCD files are around 2-3fps on
> k6-2-500, 9-10fps on Athlon 700, and around 2 on pII-233.
> ( -sws 2, 480x480->640x480 )
> I would be interested in numbers other people/hw configurations get.
>  This is because playback speed for new machine is no longer relevant, but
> encoding speed is still quite important.

good idea.
anyway, we also should set up a table with playback cpu usage results.
there are 2 benchmark test suite on ftp, feel free to run mplayer -benchmark
on them and post results.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
"I don't RTFM? Wow. What's the meaning of this? It's new for me."
	-- Martin Baum, a tipical MPlayer user...