[MPlayer-users] mencoder does not create a seekable avi

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Feb 9 15:11:30 CET 2002

Hi,

> > No offence, but I tried this on one of my avi's that just wouldn't sync
> > with mplayer (mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -idx) and now it runs
> > perfectly in sync...
> -idx shouldn't have any effect on mencoder, it's default to generate Index.
bad...
it doesn't generate idx by default, but as emncoder doesn't seek, having idx
doesn't change the resulting file.

if the resulting avi is not seekable, it means it was not finished (eg.
mencoder crashed or out of disk space?)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
"I don't RTFM? Wow. What's the meaning of this? It's new for me."
	-- Martin Baum, a tipical MPlayer user...