[MPlayer-users] Gif animation decoder request

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Sat Feb 9 20:43:04 CET 2002

On Sat, 9 Feb 2002 11:40:45 -0700 (MST)
Mike Melanson <melanson at pcisys.net> wrote:

> On 9 Feb 2002, Alexander Werth (gmx) wrote:
>
> > Hy,
> > anyone up to adding a gif animation decoder to mplayer? There are lot's
> > of gif animations out there but very few players beside browsers.
> > Alexander Werth
>
> 	I've thought about it, yes, and I just might go for it. Just one
> question: Is Unisys still known to hassle developers who implement LZW?
	As sombody pointed out it can be good to have an image demuxer.
	A demuxer wich take a directory full of picture and send the one after each in
	a raw format. By using something like imlib we can have support for many format.
	I said this so we can let patent issues to the gif2png developpers ;) . Anyway
	they might be the good ppl to ask for.
		Albeu